LA Williams is a unique stage director, actor and teaching artist. Having directed and assistant directed over 15 productions, He has proven to be one of the most promising, young, African American directors today. In 2010, LA was among 70 directors from all over the world, invited to become a member of the prestigious Lincoln Center Theater Directors Lab in New York City. His work has been seen in cities along the east coast such as Boston, D.C and Atlanta. Some of his directing credits include: Do It, Miss Celie, (14 Street Playhouse) Malcolm, Martin, Medgar, (Warehouse Theater) and Blues For Mister Charlie, (Duke Ellington School of the Arts). LA is the 2009 Directing fellow to Kenny Leon’s True Colors Theater Company in Atlanta GA. There he served on several productions such as: Miss Evers Boys, (dir: Kenny Leon), Blues For an Alabama Sky, (dir: Andrea Frye) and also assistant director on the acclaimed Atlanta production of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf, (dir: Jasmine Guy) and he also accompanied Mr. Leon to Boston for Huntington Theaters Company’s production of Fences, (dir: Kenny Leon). LA was seen onstage in the Boston premiere of Anne and Emmett, the story of Anne Frank and Emmett Till. LA completed his MA in Theater Education with a concentration in Directing from the Emerson College School of the Arts in Boston, MA and holds a BA in Performance from Alabama State University.
Who are we?
Let’s get social!
- New on Blackboard Plays for 06/23/2018 - eepurl.com/dy0TVj 21 hours ago
- RT @shadowandact: 'Black-Ish' Creator Kenya Barris and Pharrell Williams are joining forces for a #Juneteenth stage musical https://t.co/xt… 4 days ago
- RT @LCNM99: For 8 years I watched them disparage Obama while he literally brought this country back from the brink of devastation. I watche… 4 days ago
- Thank you @Jjbioh ! We are so happy to have been part of your #schoolgirlsmcc journey! youtu.be/GU3Sc6ll8AA #blackstoriesmatter 4 days ago
- We’re $259 away from $1K. On the road to $10K, that will be significant! Let’s get there tonight! Donate here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
What are people saying?
Nikkole Salter-Punch on Our Women Playwright Crushes o… Our Women Playwright… on Nikkole Salter – Playwri… MV W on December 2015 Feature –… A Reading In NY.. |… on RECONSTRUCTION by Tom Minter… Frank Charles Dodson on A Post-“RACE”-ial…