LA Williams is a unique stage director, actor and teaching artist. Having directed and assistant directed over 15 productions, He has proven to be one of the most promising, young, African American directors today. In 2010, LA was among 70 directors from all over the world, invited to become a member of the prestigious Lincoln Center Theater Directors Lab in New York City. His work has been seen in cities along the east coast such as Boston, D.C and Atlanta. Some of his directing credits include: Do It, Miss Celie, (14 Street Playhouse) Malcolm, Martin, Medgar, (Warehouse Theater) and Blues For Mister Charlie, (Duke Ellington School of the Arts). LA is the 2009 Directing fellow to Kenny Leon’s True Colors Theater Company in Atlanta GA. There he served on several productions such as: Miss Evers Boys, (dir: Kenny Leon), Blues For an Alabama Sky, (dir: Andrea Frye) and also assistant director on the acclaimed Atlanta production of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf, (dir: Jasmine Guy) and he also accompanied Mr. Leon to Boston for Huntington Theaters Company’s production of Fences, (dir: Kenny Leon). LA was seen onstage in the Boston premiere of Anne and Emmett, the story of Anne Frank and Emmett Till. LA completed his MA in Theater Education with a concentration in Directing from the Emerson College School of the Arts in Boston, MA and holds a BA in Performance from Alabama State University.
Who are we?
Let’s get social!
- RT @AmericanTheatre: americantheatre.org/2017/12/11/pus… @domorisseau https://t.co/PVs6XulX2w 4 days ago
- RT @amandaseales: WE HAVE ONLY 4 MORE DAYS TO TRY TO SAVE NET NEUTRALITY! Emails are not being recognized. YOU MUST CALL (202) 418-1000 AN… 4 days ago
- Theatre is so powerful!!! Thrilled that #schoolgirlsmcc is getting so much looooove.... 💋💋💋 twitter.com/maameyaaboafo/… 4 days ago
- Go James Anthony Tyler! 🙌🏾🙌🏾 twitter.com/firethistimeny… 4 days ago
- Have you RSVP’d yet? @ the cell instagram.com/p/Bckxa4slo-X/ 4 days ago
What are people saying?
Nikkole Salter-Punch on Our Women Playwright Crushes o… Our Women Playwright… on Nikkole Salter – Playwri… MV W on December 2015 Feature –… A Reading In NY.. |… on RECONSTRUCTION by Tom Minter… Frank Charles Dodson on A Post-“RACE”-ial…